Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cross My Heart

 I have gotten back to crafting which I absolutely love doing. Growing up my Nana would make our clothes and costumes and we would go to all the craft shows. She made everything from ornaments, wreaths, to crocheted blankets, Doll houses with furniture, Doll clothes, she is a seamstress so she can make pretty much anything and everything.

Here are a few of the homemade costumes and dresses she would make us when we were growing up.


She also made us New Kids on the Block Comforters one year with matching pillows and doilies, but I am not showing that ;)


When I started Photographing Newborns I started going to Etsy  a lot to find the hats and props for the shoots. I love that website. Quite possibly my favorite right now. I have gotten some great things from some great vendors.

My great friend Crochets these beautiful pieces. You can find Erin on Facebook and on Etsy. She is Wonderful!



  Scarlett’s Whimsy is such a talented Artist who made this beautiful headband. She makes custom orders as well. You can order her items and check out her work on her Etsy and let me just say her customer service is outstanding.



 When you visit Etsy you can't help but get inspired. I decided to get back into crafting and even started a local Crafting group on Facebook so I could share and get inspired with others. We are having our first meet tomorrow night and I am really excited ! 

 I am loving crafting and sharing with my daughter. We have been making Yarn wreaths and dolls. She is still in the process of making hers but doing Fantastic! Once she finishes I will show you what she has done =) 

 I have been juggling 5 Wreaths and well the wreaths are time consuming they are very fun to make. I wanted to try different decorating techniques and while selecting the decorations I would make I wanted to add something special to them that would make them more me. If you know me you will know I love cute girly things and I thought what is more girly then a doll. So I went on down to Michaels and bought some supplies and I do like how my first set of dolls came out. I find as I create it goes and goes and evolves into something else and then I just know Yes that is it =) 

So here is my first finished Yarn Wreath and Doll set just in time for Valentine's day. 

I call it 

"Cross My Heart"  





It's amazing what some wood, yarn, paint and a little glue can create.

For some reaon when I am at the end of a blog I am not sure what to say so I am going to quote Ron Burgundy and Veronica Corningstone from now on =) 

"Stay classy planet Earth and thanks for stopping by."

No comments:

Post a Comment